- Crystal Size: Diameter 2.5 inch x 2.5 inch
- Energy Resolution: ≤8.0%@662keV(Cs-137)
- Encapsulation: Aluminum housing with an end optical window
- High light output
- High energy resolution
- Good sealing
- Emission spectrum well matched with the sensitivity curve of photomultiplier tubes (PMTs)
- Nuclear radiation monitoring
- Well logging
- Geological exploration
- Nuclear medicine
NaI(Tl) Scintillator Description
Thallium doped Sodium Iodide is the most widely used scintillation material. NaI(Tl) is used traditionally in nuclear medicine, environmental monitoring , nuclear physics, aerial survey, well logging and many other applications. The greatest light output among scintillators, convenient emission range coincident with maximum efficiency region of photomultiplier(PMT) with bialkali photocathodes, the possibility of large-size crystals production, and their low prices compared with other scintillation materials compensate to a great extent for the main disadvantage of NaI(Tl), namely, the hygroscopicity, on account of which NaI(Tl) can be used only in hermetically sealed assemblies.
For more information please visit https://ost-photonics.com/products/scintillation-crystal/encapsulated-scintillator/. If there are any further questions or comments, please contact our sales: email@example.com.