- Crystal Size: 3 mm x 3 mm x 20 mm
- Polishing: All sides polished
- Size Tolerance: ±0.1mm
- High Z
- Good photopeak to Compton ratio
- Scintillator of choice for neutron activation analysis and active Compton shields
- High density
- Positron emission tomography (PET)
- High energy physic
- Anti-Compton shield
- Security scanning
BGO Scintillation Crystal Description
BGO (Bi4Ge3O12) is a high Z, high density scintillation material. Due to the high atomic number of bismuth (83) and the material’s high density of 7.13 g/cm3, BGO is a very efficient gamma ray absorber. Given the high Z value of the material, the photo fraction for gamma ray absorption is high and as a result very good peak-to-total ratios are observed.
For more information please visit https://ost-photonics.com/products/scintillation-crystal/scintillation-crystal-material/bgo/. If there are any further questions or comments, please contact our sales: firstname.lastname@example.org.